Mike Turrell Pavilion
The Memorial Swimming pool and Change Rooms were completed in 1947 as a living memorial to more than 150 Old Boys who had made the supreme sacrifice in WWI and WWII. By the late 1990s the change rooms were in need of a serious upgrade.
As the whole wooden roof would have to be replaced, a decision was made to add a second floor to the change rooms. This would serve as a Special Functions room as well as a much needed VIP viewing area for dignitaries at home rugby games. Mike Turrell, who was the Chairman of the Old Boys’ Association at the time, was the driving force behind the project and arranged funding from several prominent old boys. Unfortunately, Mike passed away before the official opening in 2000 but the decision was taken to name the Pavilion in his memory.