1. What is History? * A study of the relevance of history in our modern context.
2. History of Glenwood High School * The history of G.H.S. since its foundation in 1910.
3. Local History * The history of Durban and KwaZulu-Natal
1. Renaissance * What was the Renaissance? * The importance of the Renaissance. * The beginnings, characteristics and results of the Renaissance. * Case studies of important personalities. * The Voyages of Discovery.
2. Colonisation * General characteristics of Colonisation * Port., Spanish, Dutch, English & French colonisation * Slavery * American War of Independence
ASSIGNMENT: Famous personalities of the 19th & 20th Centuries
1. Colonisation (cont.)
2. Age of Empires
1. Nelson Mandela * A biographical account of the first democratic President of S.A. 2. Shaka and the Mfecane * Iron Age culture in S.A. * Origins of the Zulu and Shaka * Mfecane and its results