Every young person has the potential to become a good communicator and leader, but this potential needs to be developed. The Toastmasters Youth Leadership program’s unique workshop-style design enables participants to develop this potential through practical experience.
The program is not in competition with school programs or courses, or other established youth projects. Instead, it’s a supplement to these programs, providing emphasis on specialised speaking and leadership skills, and individual needs.
Participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others’ ideas.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
- Participate in – and even lead – group discussion or meetings.
- Learn the importance of public speaking in interviews and future careers.
Participants increase their self-confidence as they learn. The Toastmaster Youth Leadership Program is only offered in Form V to interested boys.